New Products & Services Include COR IBR600B & Router SDK
Product launches at Cradlepoint are exciting, as we eagerly anticipate seeing the unique ways that distributed enterprises will save time, money, and resources with software-defined, cloud-based wired and wireless WAN solutions. This summer, we’re eager to announce a suite of new products and services, including the new COR IBR600B/IBR650B series, platform extensibility, and new firmware and NCM enhancements.
We’ve made one of our leading products even better by improving the performance and features of the COR IB600/IBR650 product line, which is ideal for 24x7 connectivity in M2M applications such as kiosks, surveillance, and digital signs. The new IBR600B/IBR650B series offers faster speeds with the new Cat 4 dual-SIM modem. Other benefits include:
- SIM-based auto-carrier selection. One product supports Verizon, At&T, and T-Mobile.
- Gigabit Ethernet port.
- Enables dual-modem support and hardware extensibility.
Cradlepoint is offering new tools that allow you to create extensible hardware solutions and custom applications for specific verticals. Our new innovations include:
- COR Extensibility Dock: As part of the IBR600B/IBR650B line, the COR Extensibility Dock offers dual-modem support (allowing for wireless-to-wireless failover), additional Ethernet ports, a connector for automatic GPIOs, and other features.
- Router Software Development Kit (SDK) for Fog Computing: We’ve introduced this as an open Beta, allowing you to write custom applications that run at the Network’s Edge. Examples include adding local intelligence to your router (such as custom alerts) and implementing cloud-managed apps that are remotely deployed across the entire fleet.
- NetCloud Manager API v2: Our robust API, enhanced this summer after launching last fall, creates an open architecture for extensibility by the Cradlepoint developer community. This standard RESTful open web API enables automated data transfer into third-party network management tools enabling a seamless, interoperable network management solution.
- Developer Community Forum: This new resource — featuring tools, example code, and best practices — allows you to share knowledge and collaborate with other developers.
- LTE Modem Data Usage Analytics: Now you can analyze cellular data by each carrier/operator and billing cycle across your entire fleet of routers. As a result, you’ll be able to more easily understand usage trends, optimize costs, and avoid overage charges — all from a single pane of glass.
- NCM Activity Log: This user-friendly log in NCM allows greater visibility for troubleshooting, insights, and compliance. It essentially shows you who did what — and when — to help diagnose network operation issues.
- Diagnostic User Role: This new permission set hits the sweet spot between read-only and full-access, allowing for robust troubleshooting without configuration permissions. A diagnostic user can do everything a read-only user can do, as well as reboot routers, ping, perform a traceroute, and run a speed test. It's ideal for tier 1 help desk personnel.
- GPS Enhancements: We’ve simplified GPS configuration for situations in which you have multiple in-vehicle devices, such as laptops, tablets, and cameras. The result? You can send GPS information to all devices in a vehicle with one simple rule.
- Home Station WiFi Enhancements: When a fleet vehicle returns to headquarters, it can securely and efficiently offload data — such as surveillance footage — to the home station network. The 5 GHz radio in the COR IBR1100 can be fully dedicated to offload such data. Also, to minimize WiFi congestion, the 2.4 GHz radio can be configured to automatically disable while fast data offload is taking place, then re-enable once the vehicle leaves the station.
Live Webinar About New Products & Enhancements
To learn more about Cradlepoint’s new COR devices, extensibility platform, Router SDK, and more, register for our upcoming webinar on Aug. 23, 2016, at 9 a.m. PDT/12 p.m. EDT.