Staying up and running 24/7
What to do when even the smallest amount of downtime is too much.
In the financial services industry, network downtime is unacceptable at any level. You might think you don’t have to worry about it with 99.95+% T1 connectivity. But if you’re not at 100%, you’re at risk for downtime. What happens if a construction accident, thunderstorm or other unforeseen disaster severs your T1 line?
Challenge: No downtime. No way.
- Non-stop availability – The financial services industry requires always-on network connectivity. Even if downtime is limited to .05%, or just a few hours a month, that’s little comfort if it happens right when a customer needs to conduct a transaction.
- Productivity pressures – It’s not just connectivity with customers and others that’s at risk. If you follow the trend toward moving office applications to the cloud, what if your connection goes down? You could suffer significant productivity losses.
- Cost of availability – You’re paying a premium for 99.95% reliability, but if a disaster takes your T1 line out altogether, what’s that connection cost really worth without some sort of reliable backup?
Solution: 3G/4G/LTE failover
For banks and other providers of financial services, Cradlepoint solutions pick up where T1 availability leaves off. In the event of an outage – whether it’s due to a disaster, or just as a consequence of <100% availability – we bridge the gap with 3G/4G/LTE failover. Our solutions automatically detect access issues with primary connections and provide 3G/4G/LTE network connectivity to avoid service interruptions.
Benefits: All the availability you need
- 3G/4G/LTE failover helps ensure the non-stop Internet access you need to conduct business efficiently and cost-effectively today.
- T1 to the next level – Enterprises that can tolerate no downtime can use failover to stay up and running if a T1 line goes down.
- Cost-effective backup plan – We offer highly reliable 3G/4G/LTE solutions that require only a one-time equipment cost and a relatively low monthly network provider fee.
- Connected to the cloud – Enjoy the benefits of cloud computing with less worry about losing your connection just when you need it most.
In Action: Cost-effective backup for a top carrier’s customers
Cradlepoint is working with a top-tier telecommunications carrier to deliver secure, reliable backup solutions that financial services companies can use as cost-effective alternatives to ISDN or DSL backup lines.
- Automatic failover – If one of the carrier’s financial services customers experiences a network outage at a location, operations are automatically pushed over to the Cradlepoint-based backup solution.
- Continuous operations – Failover takes place before operations are affected, ensuring uninterrupted service to customers. Essential systems including ATMs continue to operate even if a wired line is cut.